Speaking of Culture Is a sociology textbook written by Nolan Weil
About the Book
“Speaking of Culture” is a collection of instructor-authored background readings intended to accompany other activities, discussions, experiences, projects, and readings for IELI 2470 – Cross-Cultural Perspectives, a course offered by faculty in the Intensive English Language Institute at Utah State University. Its main purpose is to define culture and other concepts often associated with it.
About the Contributors
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: What is Culture?
- Chapter 2: The Human Family
- Chapter 3: Origins and Early Developments of Culture
- Chapter 4: Material Culture
- Chapter 5: Culture as Thought and Action
- Chapter 6: Beliefs, Values, and Cultural Universals
- Chapter 7: Group Membership and Identity
- Chapter 8: Roots of American National Culture